Teacher Advisory Council
Consistent with the Judicial Learning Center’s core mission to serve as a resource both for informing the public and for teaching students about the judicial branch of government and the role of the federal courts in our democratic society, the board of directors may designate qualified persons to serve as members of a Teacher Advisory Council.
PURPOSE. The principal purpose of the Teacher Advisory Council is to engage experienced education professionals and classroom teachers in a partnership with the Judicial Learning Center. The objective of the partnership is to work cooperatively to develop, pilot and evaluate appropriate programs, lesson plans and teaching tools relating to courts and justice. In addition, the Council will suggest strategies for communicating effectively with the teacher community about the resources available through the Judicial Learning Center, including the exhibits displayed at its site located at the Thomas F. Eagleton United States Courthouse in St. Louis, MO.
- Ted Bartelstone, Principia Upper School
- Derek Bridges, Clark Elementary School, Webster Groves School District
- Stephani Durant, Hazelwood West High School, Hazelwood School District
- Dr. Brandon Hentze, Belleville High School West, Belleville Township High School District 201 (Illinois)
- Thomas Johnston, Gateway STEM High School, St. Louis Public Schools
- Tammy O’Connor, Soldan International Studies High School, St. Louis Public Schools
- Lana Romaine, Northwest High School, Northwest R-1 School District
- Kristen Wimbley, McKinley CLA High School, St. Louis Public Schools