“Inside Government” for Juniors
2017 Program Announcement
St. Louis, MO – THIS PROGRAM IS NOW FULL, NAMES ARE BEING TAKEN FOR A WAITING LIST
- Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- 9:00 am-3:00 pm, check in begins at 8:30
- Location: Thomas F. Eagleton U.S. Courthouse and the Judicial Learning Center
- Reservations begin at 7:00 a.m. on Monday, May 8
- NEW THIS YEAR: Registration will be by EMAIL only. Phone registrations will not be taken this year. Click HERE for the flyer with all registration details.
- NEW THIS YEAR: Packets containing logistics and pre-workshop activities will NOT be emailed. Girls and families should click HERE to download the packet.
Girls will get an inside look at the government by participating in a variety of sessions and touring the Thomas F. Eagleton U.S. Courthouse in St. Louis, MO. Participants will get the opportunity to interact with several accomplished female professions, including a female federal judge.
Participants will need to arrive at the courthouse at 8:30 a.m. for check-in, and will be dismissed at 3:00 pm.
This program is for Junior Girl Scouts and accompanying adults. Sorry, no older/younger siblings. The workshop is free, but reservations are required, and space is limited.
A packet is posted on this website. The packet includes logistics and parking information, and pre-workshop activities. Girls and families will be expected to read over the packet in advance, and girls will need to complete some pre-workshop preparation. Completion of the pre-workshop activities and all workshop sessions will fulfill the “Inside Government” legacy badge requirements.
To Bring: Participants should bring a pencil, and any completed forms and activities from the pre-workshop packet. Participants should also bring a lunch, a water bottle, and a morning snack. Adults should carry health forms for all members of the group.
Call or email with questions any time. Reservations will not be accepted prior to May 8. (314) 244-2410 or Rachel_Marshall@ca8.uscourts.gov