“Inside Government” for Juniors
2016 Program Announcement
St. Louis, MO
- Thursday, July 14, 2016
- 9:00 am-4:00 pm, check in begins at 8:30
- Location: Thomas F. Eagleton U.S. Courthouse and the Judicial Learning Center
- Reservations begin at 7:30 a.m. on Monday, April 25
Girls will get an inside look at the government by participating in a variety of sessions and touring the Thomas F. Eagleton U.S. Courthouse in St. Louis, MO. Participants will get the opportunity to interact with several accomplished female professions, including a female federal judge.
Participants will need to arrive at the courthouse at 8:30 a.m. for check-in, and will be dismissed at 4:00 pm. Additional logistics information will be provided in the pre-workshop packet.
The workshop is free, but reservations are required, and space is limited.
- One registered adult per Troop is required. Girls attending individually must register with an adult.
- This program is for Junior Girl Scouts and accompanying adults. Sorry, no older/younger siblings.
- Reservations begin at 7:30 a.m. on Monday, April 25, and end June 30, or when full.
- To register, call Rachel Marshall, the Public Education and Community Outreach Administrator at the Eagleton Courthouse, NO EARLIER THAN 7:30 a.m. ON MONDAY, APRIL 25. (314) 244-2410.
- You may call any time with questions, but reservations will not be accepted early.
A packet will be emailed 4 weeks before the workshop. The packet will include logistics and parking information, and pre-workshop activities. Girls and families will be expected to read over the packet in advance, and girls may need to complete some pre-workshop preparation. Completion of the pre-workshop activities and all workshop sessions will fulfill the “Inside Government” legacy badge requirements.
To Bring: Participants should bring a pencil, and any completed forms and activities from the pre-workshop packet. Participants should also bring a sack lunch. A bottle of water and a morning snack are also suggested.
Call or email with questions any time. Reservations will not be accepted prior to April 25. (314) 244-2410 or Rachel_Marshall@ca8.uscourts.gov